Our GracePoint Women's Ministry Team exists to give women opportunities to grow in faith, service, and relationships by cultivating a culture of community and connection. We encourage our women to live life together by mentoring one another, studying God's word, and serving our church family and Atlantic community.
Our three areas of ministry include:
- Spiritual Growth - provides Bible study opportunities for women
- Care Teams - provide for the physical and spiritual needs of women in our body
- Community Outreach - provides opportunities for serving and sharing Christ in our community
Our heart is to see men flourishing by finding and living out their unique calling as a man, husband, father and each role we are called to. We provide many men’s and couples small groups. These are places for us to dive into good teaching, let down our guard, be real with each other. To get a list of the current small groups, please drop a note to our church office.
Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
Adult and Youth Sunday School Class
Theology for the Rest of Us: Have you ever wished you had a more systematic understanding of your faith but have felt intimidated by theology textbooks or taking a seminary class? Many of us feel this way, and so we are continuing with Part 4 of a multiple-part systematic theology class during the adult Sunday School hour. Elders and others will be leading us through additional topics from Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology, Second Edition as our basic text. All are welcome to join us for an exploration of the core doctrines of Christianity.
We also offer a children's Sunday School class at this time, back in the classroom in the south hallway.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
· Wednesday evening, 6-7:30 pm. GriefShare led by Heidi Hinman at the Ministry House. Please contact Heidi at Roland Funeral Service if you are interested. Starts on October 11.
- 2nd & 4th Monday evening, 6:30 pm, Warriors of Grace prayer ministry. Meets in the church Community Room. Women are welcome to join at any time during the year. Contact Jan Myers (712-249-8615) with questions. Started on September 11.
- Tuesday morning, 8:30 am, women walk at Schildberg Park. Meet at the park in the parking lot off Buck Creek Road. Get to know other women while you walk.
- Tuesday evening, 6:30 pm, studying "Abide" by Jen Wilkin, at Linda Nichols' home. Please contact Linda if interested. Started on September 19.
- Wednesday afternoon, 1:30-3:30, studying “The Armor of God” by Priscilla Shirer, in the church Community Room. Contact Joanne DeArment (249-6836) if you are interested. Started on September 13.
- Friday morning, 9:30 am, studying 1 Corinthians, in the church Community Room. Contact Pam Russell if interested. Started on September 15.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, men’s group hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group is currently reading through the book of Acts.
- Wednesday evening, 6:45 pm, hosted by Dick Nichols in the Community Room. Aimed at dads, but all men are welcome. They will finish the study they started in the spring, "Build a Man". Starts on September 27.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Ron Russell in the Community Room. This group is working through a study on the Book of Job by Francis Chan. Contact Ron if interested. Started on September 14.
Contact the church office for more information on any of these groups.
Oil Change Ministry
Our community has many single moms and widows. We know you have many challenges. One way that GracePoint strives to bless the singe moms in our community is by offering a free oil change. This service is done in conjunction with Rick’s Auto Clinic. Each spring and fall, with help from the men, a free oil change is available for single moms and widows. Childcare and fellowship for ladies is available while the car is serviced. Watch for the Saturday dates in the spring and fall.
Adult Bible Fellowship
Each Sunday morning at 9:15 am, we offer an Adult Bible Fellowship. This is an opportunity for to study God’s Word and discuss how it applies to our daily life. We typically offer one to three groups each quarter.
God has called us to care for one another. One practical way we have found for that to work itself out is through our Care Teams. Our care teams desire to minister to each other and the body of Christ in practical ways as needs arise. We invite you to find out more about this vital ministry of GracePoint Church.