Our GracePoint Women's Ministry Team exists to give women opportunities to grow in faith, service, and relationships by cultivating a culture of community and connection. We encourage our women to live life together by mentoring one another, studying God's word, and serving our church family and Atlantic community.
Our three areas of ministry include:
- Spiritual Growth - provides Bible study opportunities for women
- Care Teams - provide for the physical and spiritual needs of women in our body
- Community Outreach - provides opportunities for serving and sharing Christ in our community
You can find upcoming events on our events calendar. If you have questions, please reach out to directly to Linda Nichols or Heidi Johnson. Or you can drop a note to our church staff.
Our heart is to see men flourishing by finding and living out their unique calling as a man, husband, father and each role we are called to. We provide many men’s and couples small groups. These are places for us to dive into good teaching, let down our guard, be real with each other. To get a list of the current small groups, please drop a note to our church office.
Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
Adult and Youth Sunday School Class
Starting April 16 at 9:15, Dillon Clemson will be leading a 6-week study on the book of Esther. This will take place in our main auditorium. Together we will see how God is in control of all the amazing things that happen in this book (and a reminder that God is in control of all the amazing and mundane things that are happening in our own lives as well!).
At the same time, Pastor Don McLean will also begin leading a 6- week "Introduction to GracePoint" class in the community room (just west of our auditorium). Anybody is welcome to join this class to learn more about our church family and beliefs, as well as our core values at GracePoint. While you aren't required to be seeking membership to participate, this class also spells out the process of becoming a more formal part of our family. We hope anybody new or old that desires to be more engaged in the life of our church will consider this option.
We also offer a children's Sunday School class at this time, back in the classroom in the south hallway..
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
· Sunday Evening, 6:00 pm, First Samuel Unplugged, open to anyone. The study will take a low-tech “unplugged” approach. No video, no curriculum, no study guide – just refreshments and a Bible! Hosted by Pastor Don and Laura McLean at the Ministry House. Contact Pastor Don or Laura if interested.
· Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm. The fall GriefShare led by Heidi Hinman concluded before Christmas. Please contact Heidi at Roland Funeral Service if you are interested in the next group, which will probably start in May.
- Wednesday afternoon, 1:30-3:30 Women's group studying “Aging with Grace” by Susan Hunt and Sharon Betters, in the Community Room at GracePoint. Contact Joanne DeArment with questions or interest in participating.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, studying "God of Deliverance" covering Exodus 19-40. Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home. Please contact Linda if interested.
- Friday morning, 9:30 am, studying 1 Corinthians. Contact Shirley Ferguson or Pam Russell if interested. Starts on May 5.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, men’s group hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group is working through “A Praying Life” by Paul Miller.
- Wednesday evening, 6:45 pm, hosted by Dick Nichols at 66968 White Pole Rd. outside Atlantic (Jim Skartvedt’s old house). Aimed at dads, but all men are welcome.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Ron Russell in the church Community Room. This group will be working through a 6 week study titled "Christianity, Cults & Religions". If you are interested in joining this group, please contact Ron Russell. Starts on May 4.
Contact the church office for more information on any of these groups.
Oil Change Ministry
Our community has many single moms and widows. We know you have many challenges. One way that GracePoint strives to bless the singe moms in our community is by offering a free oil change. This service is done in conjunction with Rick’s Auto Clinic. Each spring and fall, with help from the men, a free oil change is available for single moms and widows. Childcare and fellowship for ladies is available while the car is serviced. Watch for the Saturday dates in the spring and fall.
Adult Bible Fellowship
Each Sunday morning at 9:15 am, we offer an Adult Bible Fellowship. This is an opportunity for to study God’s Word and discuss how it applies to our daily life. We typically offer one to three groups each quarter.
God has called us to care for one another. One practical way we have found for that to work itself out is through our Care Teams. Our care teams desire to minister to each other and the body of Christ in practical ways as needs arise. We invite you to find out more about this vital ministry of GracePoint Church.