Our GracePoint Women's Ministry Team exists to give women opportunities to grow in faith, service, and relationships by cultivating a culture of community and connection. We encourage our women to live life together by mentoring one another, studying God's word, and serving our church family and Atlantic community.
Our three areas of ministry include:
- Spiritual Growth - provides Bible study opportunities for women
- Care Teams - provide for the physical and spiritual needs of women in our body
- Community Outreach - provides opportunities for serving and sharing Christ in our community
Our heart is to see men flourishing by finding and living out their unique calling as a man, husband, father and each role we are called to. We provide many men’s and couples small groups. These are places for us to dive into good teaching, let down our guard, be real with each other. To get a list of the current small groups, please drop a note to our church office.
Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
Adult and Youth Sunday School Class
Theology for the Rest of Us: Have you ever wished you had a more systematic understanding of your faith but have felt intimidated by theology textbooks or taking a seminary class? If you have, we have just what you're looking for! We are currently working through a multiple-part systematic theology class during the adult Sunday School hour. Pastor Don and Chad Williams are co-teaching this class, which focuses on the Doctrine of the Word of God. We are using Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology, Second Edition as our basic text. All are welcome to join us for an exploration of the core doctrines of Christianity.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
None at this time.
- Wednesday afternoon, 2 pm, studying "Elijah" by Priscilla Shirer. Hosted by Diane Martens at her house. Contact Diane if interested.
- Wednesday evening, 6:00 PM, 3 week study beginning September 29 during AWANA led by Cindy Nichols. All women who have questions about Christianity, the Bible, or how to study the Bible are welcome.
- Wednesday evening, 6:00-8:00 pm, studying "The Way Home", a study of Ruth by Tessa Afshar. Hosted by Tessa Aschoff at the Ministry House during AWANA. Contact Tessa if interested.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, studying "God of Covenant" by Jen Wilkin. Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home at 61228 Oxford Rd., Atlantic.
- Thursday morning, 9:00 am, Hosted by Galynn Hoye at her home at 2501 Olive St., Atlantic.
- Thursday morning, 9:00 am, hosted by Tessa Aschoff at the church. They will be studying "Behold Your God: Rethinking God Biblically" by John Snyder. Contact Tessa if you are interested.
- Thursday evening, 6:00 pm. Our Summer Bible Study runs from June 9 - July 21. The group will be studying "He's Where The Joy Is" by Tara-Leigh Cobble. Optional - Bring your own supper at 5:30 pm for community time.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 pm, Brielle Cerven will be facilitating a six week study of the book of James. We will meet at Joyce Link’s home. For more information, contact Brielle.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Jan Myers. They are working through Romans using an inductive style of study, where together, they dig into the scriptures to discover their meaning and discuss what the Holy Spirit is teaching us. Contact Jan if you'd like to attend.
- Friday morning, 9:00 am, hosted by Donna Wood at her house. They are studying the Gospel of John using the online Gospel Coalition, so there is no book to purchase. Come join the group!
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, Hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group will be working through the book of Proverbs.
- Wednesday evening, 6:45 pm, hosted by Dick Nichols at a TBD location. Aimed at dads with kids at home, but all men are welcome. Studying "Real Valor" by Steve Farrar.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Ron Russell at the church. This group is currently using "The Case for Christ," and "The Case for Faith," video based materials by Lee Strobel. If you are interested in joining this group, please contact Ron Russell.
Contact the church office for more information on any of these groups.
Oil Change Ministry
Our community has many single moms and widows. We know you have many challenges. One way that GracePoint strives to bless the singe moms in our community is by offering a free oil change. This service is done in conjunction with Rick’s Auto Clinic. Each spring and fall, with help from the men, a free oil change is available for single moms and widows. Childcare and fellowship for ladies is available while the car is serviced. Watch for the Saturday dates in the spring and fall.
Adult Bible Fellowship
Each Sunday morning at 9:15 am, we offer an Adult Bible Fellowship. This is an opportunity for to study God’s Word and discuss how it applies to our daily life. We typically offer one to three groups each quarter.
God has called us to care for one another. One practical way we have found for that to work itself out is through our Care Teams. Our care teams desire to minister to each other and the body of Christ in practical ways as needs arise. We invite you to find out more about this vital ministry of GracePoint Church.