Our GracePoint Women's Ministry Team exists to give women opportunities to grow in faith, service, and relationships by cultivating a culture of community and connection. We encourage our women to live life together by mentoring one another, studying God's word, and serving our church family and Atlantic community.
Our three areas of ministry include:
- Spiritual Growth - provides Bible study opportunities for women
- Care Teams - provide for the physical and spiritual needs of women in our body
- Community Outreach - provides opportunities for serving and sharing Christ in our community
Our heart is to see men flourishing by finding and living out their unique calling as a man, husband, father and each role we are called to. We provide many men’s and couples small groups. These are places for us to dive into good teaching, let down our guard, be real with each other. To get a list of the current small groups, please drop a note to our church office.
Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
Adult and Youth Sunday School Class
Theology for the Rest of Us: Have you ever wished you had a more systematic understanding of your faith but have felt intimidated by theology textbooks or taking a seminary class? If you have, we have just what you're looking for! We are currently working through a multiple-part systematic theology class during the adult Sunday School hour. Pastor Don and many of the elders are co-teaching this class, which focuses on the Doctrine of the Word of God. We are using Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology, Second Edition as our basic text. All are welcome to join us for an exploration of the core doctrines of Christianity.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
· Sunday Evening, 6:00 pm, First Samuel Unplugged, open to anyone. The study will take a low-tech “unplugged” approach. No video, no curriculum, no study guide – just cookies, coffee, and a Bible! Hosted by Pastor Don and Laura McLean at the Ministry House. Contact Pastor Don or Laura if interested.
· Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, GriefShare led by Heidi Hinman at the Ministry House in the living room. Open to anyone, each session stands on its own, so you don't need to start on that date, and can join at any time. Please contact Heidi at Roland Funeral Service if interested.
- Wednesday afternoon, 1:30 studying “Esther Trusting God’s Plan.” Women’s group facilitated by Joanne DeArment at Diane Martens' house at 1703 Redwood Dr. in Atlantic. Contact Joanne at 249-6836 if interested or with questions.
- Wednesday evening, 6:15-7:30 pm, studying "Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free", by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth. Hosted by Peggy Perkins at the Ministry House in one of the back rooms during AWANA. Contact Peggy if interested.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, studying "God of Deliverance" covering Exodus 1-18. Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home at 61228 Oxford Rd., Atlantic. Please contact Linda if interested.
- Thursday morning, 9 am, women are rewatching the True Woman Conference at Heidi Johnson's house. Each week they will watch one session from the "Revive Our Hearts" conference and discuss it. Each week will stand alone, so come when you are able! No homework or prep, just coffee and conversation.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, men’s group hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group is working through “A Praying Life” by Paul Miller.
- Wednesday evening, 6:45 pm, hosted by Dick Nichols at 66968 White Pole Rd. outside Atlantic (Jim Skartvedt’s old house). Aimed at dads, but all men are welcome.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Ron Russell in the church Community Room. This group will be working through a 12 week study of 1 Thessalonians through a video based study from Life Action, called "Revive and Restart". If you are interested in joining this group, please contact Ron Russell.
Contact the church office for more information on any of these groups.
Oil Change Ministry
Our community has many single moms and widows. We know you have many challenges. One way that GracePoint strives to bless the singe moms in our community is by offering a free oil change. This service is done in conjunction with Rick’s Auto Clinic. Each spring and fall, with help from the men, a free oil change is available for single moms and widows. Childcare and fellowship for ladies is available while the car is serviced. Watch for the Saturday dates in the spring and fall.
Adult Bible Fellowship
Each Sunday morning at 9:15 am, we offer an Adult Bible Fellowship. This is an opportunity for to study God’s Word and discuss how it applies to our daily life. We typically offer one to three groups each quarter.
God has called us to care for one another. One practical way we have found for that to work itself out is through our Care Teams. Our care teams desire to minister to each other and the body of Christ in practical ways as needs arise. We invite you to find out more about this vital ministry of GracePoint Church.